Two cucumber slices filled with a delicious and nutritious mixture of edamame, almonds, radish, mint,green onion, accented with Asian seasonings resulting in wonderful slimmed down sandwich snacks. Perfect for that upcoming Chinese New Year party or any time you want a tasty bite that is on the light side.
- 1/2 cup cooked shelled edamame, mashed
- 2 Tbsp grated red radish
- 1 Tbsp minced green onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped sliced almonds
- 2 tsp snipped mint
- 1 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 24 slices English cucumber, cut 1/4 inch thick
- garnish- black sesame seeds
- In a small bowl mix together the edamame, radish, onion, almonds, mint, yogurt, wasabi, oil, vinegar till well combined.
- Top half of the cucumber slices with the mixture, dividing equally, then top with another cucumber slice.
- Press down lightly then sprinkle the rim of each sandwich snack with sesame seeds.