Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino chicken adobo recipe made in one pot. Chicken Abodo is an easy dinner for the entire family.
- 1/4 cup 65 ml soy sauce
- 1/2 cup 125 ml white Filipino cane vinegar, or distilled white vinegar
- 6-8 cloves garlic smashed with the side of a knife and peeled
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- Place the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, black peppercorns, and bay leaves in a large, nonreactive sauté pan, and then nestle the chicken thighs, skin side down, into the pan. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, and then cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken over, and then cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, and then increase the heat to high and return the sauce to a boil. While occasionally turning and basting the chicken, continue boiling the sauce, uncovered, until it is reduced by half and thickens slightly, 5–7 minutes. Serve with steamed white rice.