Our Chickpea Poppers can be served as an appetizer or used as a topper for salads and soups. To make it, toss cooked and rinsed chickpeas with a few basic seasonings and then pop them into the oven until golden brown. Your party guests will just love them, and when you have them on hand at home, you are always just one step away from a little added protein, starch and fiber in your plant-based meals.
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chickpeas in a bag or bowl. Add seasonings and toss to coat.
- Add to baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.