- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups (6-8 apples) Granny Smith apples, peeled, quartered and diced coarsley
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13 pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl combine eggs, oil and vanilla; add this to the sugar-flour mixture in the large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Batter will be stiff (do not use mixer).
- Add the apples and walnuts. Pour into baking pan and cook for 50-60 minutes or until the middle springs back when touched.
- Serve with whipped cream. Feel free to make this cake a day ahead, the flavor only improves.