Roasted with a dash of balsamic vinegar, these crispy Brussels sprouts are bursting with sweet caramelized flavor.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 6 T olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T dried garlic and parsley mixture
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts before trimming the bottoms, then cut into halves from top to bottom.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and place the sprouts cut-side down in a single layer.
- Sear the sprouts without moving them for at least 10 minutes, until the bottoms are brown.
- Transfer the sprouts to a rimmed baking dish and sprinkle with minced garlic. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until all the sprouts are tender and the garlic is fragrant and brown, tossing the sprouts every five minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the dried garlic and parsley mixture, the balsamic vinegar and salt to taste. Serve hot.