This creamy fettuccine is truly indulgent, and yet so simple. You’ll be rewarded for using the very best pasta and Parmesan.
- 8 to 9 ounce egg fettuccine in nests
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Cook fettuccine in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (2 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, bring cream and butter to a simmer in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-low heat, adding 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add fettuccine, 1/4 cup reserved water, and cheese to sauce and toss. Add more cooking water if necessary.