Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 278 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 447mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 28g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin 1 inch ribbons
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Heat the sesame oil on medium heat. Once hot add the chicken and carrot. Cook until the chicken is firm and cooked through. Drain off any excess liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except sesame seeds and green onion. Whisk until smooth and pour over the cooked chicken. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute, or until thick and chicken is coated. Stir in the sesame seeds. Remove from heat and top with green onion. Serve over brown rice or quinoa, if desired.