A recipe for vanilla toffee ice cream with a hint of rum flavor and milk chocolate English toffee chips.
- 1 Cup whole milk
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Teaspoon rum extract
- ⅓ Cup milk chocolate English toffee chips
- Using a medium bowl, combine the whole milk and granulated sugar. Mix with a spoon or whisk until it is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream, vanilla, and rum extracts. Cover, refrigerate, and chill for 2 hours.
- Following the directions on your ice cream maker, pour the mixture into the container and mix until thick, about 20-25 minutes. During the last 5 minutes sprinkle in the English toffee chips and let them become incorporated into the ice cream mixture.
- This can be eaten immediately, or if you want a firmer ice cream, transfer into an airtight freezer container and place in the freezer at least 2 hours. During freezing, stir the soft ice cream once or twice to help keep the toffee chips from settling to the bottom. You may also sprinkle a few extra on the top for a nicer appearance after you have transferred it to a freezer container.
- ***If you really like the flavor of rum you can increase the rum extract to 1 teaspoon. If you do, you will taste the rum first, before the other ingredients. It is just a matter of personal preference. You may also leave out the rum flavoring if desired.
- ***This recipe is for a 1-1/2 quart ice cream maker container. Do not double this recipe, as the mixture will expand while it is being stirred in the ice cream maker.