- 6 c. watermelon cubes, seeds removed*
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 7-Up or Sprite for serving
- Place watermelon cubes in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Place a strainer over a large bowl or 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Pour processed watermelon through the strainer to remove the pulp, reserving the strained juice.
- Stir granulated sugar and lemon juice into the watermelon juice until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Place the bowl or baking dish in the freezer and freeze the mixture for 2 to 3 hours, stirring with a fork every 45 minutes or so to break up ice crystals.
- When ready to serve, scrape the watermelon slush with a large spoon to create “shavings.” Spoon slush shavings into a glass, filling the glass about 3/4 full. Pour in a little 7-Up or Sprite and stir. Garnish as desired.