This basic smoothie recipe is a great way to sneak in veggies like spinach. But you can mix up the flavor by using other fruits, such as raspberries, peaches, or cherries. You can also add dairy-free yogurt instead of protein powder for a dose of probiotics. Or you can add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder for a chocolaty taste! Mix it up and have fun!
- 1 cup almond milk (can use soy, rice, flax, hemp, or coconut milk beverage instead)
- 1/2 cup frozen, organic blueberries
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbs flaxseed
- 2 Tbs frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 scoop high quality protein (Kristin uses pure rice protein)
- 3/4 cup frozen, organic strawberries
- Put the milk beverage, frozen fruit, protein powder, spinach, maple syrup, flaxseed, and cinnamon in your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the ice, pulse it a few times, and then blend until smooth. If your wild berry smoothie is too thick, blend in more milk beverage as needed.