- 1 cup canned artichoke heart (rinsed, dried & chopped)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup water
- 6 tbsp tahini (stirred well)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 1 (14 oz) can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (divided)
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- Set aside ¼ cup of the artichokes for garnish.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and lemon juice. In another bowl, whisk the tahini and olive oil together.
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, ¾ cup artichokes, garlic, salt, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper and lemon zest (about 15 seconds). Use a spatula to scrape ingredients off the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the processor on and add the lemon water slowly through the top. Scrape the sides again and continue to blend (about 1 minute).
- Again, turn the processor on, slowly add the tahini oil mixture, and process until smooth (about 15 seconds), continuing to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Place the hummus into a bowl and garnish with the extra artichokes, parsley and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper.
- Set stand at least 30 minutes, then drizzle with olive oil before serving.