A delicious creamy pasta cooked and ready to eat all in one pot under 20 minutes.
- 4 1/2 c water
- 1 pound quinoa & brown rice spaghetti
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound frozen or fresh peas
- 2 zucchini, quarted
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp coconut butter or any vegan butter
- 1/4 c almond milk
- 1 tbsp brown rice flour for thickening
- salt/pepper to taste
- vegan parmesan cheese to taste
- In a large pot pour in water, spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, thyme, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then lower down to a simmer for 8-10 minutes making sure to keep an eye on the pasta if you're using quinoa and brown rice.
- Mix in milk and butter now that it's down to a simmer.
- The liquid should be somewhat reduced at this point. If it's still a little too watery and you want it thicker stir in the brown rice flour.
- Remove from heat and let stand for and extra 5 minutes giving it a good once around before serving.
- Sprinkle with your favorite vegan parmesan.