- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch round pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugars, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.