Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 6 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 4 oz. goat cheese, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes. Cut a few slits in each potato. Place potatoes on cookie sheet. Bake for about 50 minutes to an hour until very soft when pierced with a fork. Let sit for 10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the green onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the warm potato with a teaspoon into a medium bowl, being careful to leave a 1/2 inch of sweet potato in the shell. Sprinkle the shells with salt and pepper. Add the remaining 4 tbsp. butter to the bowl with sweet potato and mash with a fork. Add the egg, green onions, goat cheese, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and mix together. Spoon the mixture evenly into the sweet potato shells and bake for 20-30 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned.