A quick and easy zucchini and squash sauté to use up all your garden veggies! No need to complicate life: a bit of olive oil and thyme is all you need.
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini (or 1 large)
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste (use lots!)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a 10 or 12 inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Use a sharp knife to chop off the ends of the zucchini and squash. Chop them into chunks. Think 1/2 or 3/4 inch chunks, rather than slices.
- When the oil shimmers, add the squash and zucchini.
- Sauté for about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Take it off the heat when the squash is fork tender but hasn't started to get mushy. Nobody likes mush.
- Eat hot!