Breakfast Baked Potatoes
These Breakfast Baked Potatoes are the perfect recipe to switch things up first thing in the morning, or as an easy supper. Eggs baked right in a potato!
- 4 large russet potatoes, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 6 strips crispy bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven until fork tender, about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Alternately, you can also cook the potatoes in the microwave until fork tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut a round opening at the top of the potatoes, almost like a lid, and remove it. Then using a spoon, scoop out most of the center. Or as much needed to make space for the egg. Use the potato filling later in for breakfast mixed with eggs for a burrito or tacos!
- Place the potato boats on a baking sheet and sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper. Sprinkle a little bit of cheese in each potato and then crack an egg into each boat. Top with a bit of bacon and more cheese on top of the eggs. Bake until the egg whites have set, but the yolks are still runny, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh chives. Serve warm for breakfast or a quick and healthy supper with a side salad.