Breakfast Potato Patties
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes (or about 4 Idaho yellow potatoes, mashed)
- 2 thick cut slices of bacon, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 egg
- spinach leaves
- poached eggs
- Heat a large skillet over mid-high heat and add diced bacon. Cook bacon until it starts to crisp on the one side and then flip over to crisp the other side.
- After flipping the bacon, add the chopped onion, and 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic. Stir and cook until onion is soft and bacon is as crispy as you like it.
- Add the bacon mixture to the mashed potatoes with 1 egg and combine well. Form into 4 patties.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook the patties until seared on one side then carefully flip them and sear the other side to get a nice crispy crunch on the outside.
- Place the cooked patties onto a bed of spinach leaves and top with a poached egg if desired. Enjoy!