Broiled Salmon with Thai Sweet Chili Glaze
- 1-1/2 pounds (or four 6-ounce pieces) salmon, skin on or off
- 6 tablespoons Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (best quality, such as Mae Ploy or Thai Kitchen)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, green parts only, finely sliced
- Set the oven rack 5-6 inches from the top and preheat the broiler.
- Make the marinade by combining the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and ginger in a shallow baking dish. Spoon 1/4 cup of the marinade into a small dish and set aside (this will be the sauce for the cooked fish). Add the salmon fillets, skin side up, to the remaining marinade and marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer the salmon fillets to the prepared baking sheet, skin side down, and drizzle a bit of the marinade over top. Go easy — you don’t want it to pool too much on the baking sheet because it will burn in the oven. Broil the salmon for 6-10 minutes, or until browned in spots and almost opaque in the center. Transfer the salmon to a serving platter and pour the reserved sauce over top. Garnish with scallions and serve.