Roasted sweet and white potatoes coated in a warm spice mix.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika (smoked or sweet)
- a pinch or two of ground cayenne pepper (or more if you want it spicy)
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large non-stick baking sheet with sides.
- Add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil and melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix together all the spices including salt and pepper. Sprinkle over potatoes and toss well.
- Spread out on baking sheet and roast until tender and golden about 25-35 minutes depending on how well done you like them. Serve immediately garnished with sour cream if desired.