Crockpot Three Cheese Mashed Potatoes.
The ultimate creamy and cheesy mashed potatoes
- 5 pounds russets or yukon gold potatoes peel (if you like) and cube
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper plus more to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sage
- Add the potatoes, garlic, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours hours or on low for 6-8 hours. When the potatoes are fork tender, add 1 1/2 cups milks and mash them using a potato masher or a hand held mixer until completely creamy, adding the remaining 1/2 cup milk if needed to thin. Stir in the cheese, cover and cook another 15 minutes or until melted and creamy.