If you have been looking for a detox treatment for weight loss, I have the perfect beverage for you, this watermelon, mint and lime infused detox water. Watermelons contain citrulline an amino acid that improves liver functioning, thus detoxifying your system. Limes naturally are a great weight loss aid and mint leaves leave you fresh and energized during sultry summer days.
- 1 litre plain drinking water
- 1 cup watermelon cubes
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into slices
- In a large glass jar add in plain water, watermelon cubes, mint leaves and lime slices.
- Stir in all the additions into the water so that they don't settle at the bottom of the jar.
- Cover the jar with a lid and allow this water to be infused with all the goodness of the fruit, mint and limes. Allow to steep at least for 6 hours, but overnight is preferred. You may refrigerate the jar of water as well.
- The next morning pour out the water into a drinking glass, and drink instead of plain water or high calorie sodas.
- You can use the same ingredients by changing the water two times, after which, discard the fruit and mint sprigs and make a fresh batch.
- You quick and easy detox treatment water is ready.