Doogh – Persian Yogurt Drink
Doogh is a refreshing Persian carbonated drink of yogurt, mint and club soda. Enjoy this traditional Iranian yogurt drink when it’s warm out or with a dinner of chelo kabob!
- ¾ cup plain yogurt – the more sour and tangy varieties work best
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold club soda
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Add the yogurt, water and club soda to a pitcher. Stir to combine – a whisk or fork works best.
- Add the dried mint and salt and mix up.
- Add in the desired amount of ice.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with mint.