Having celiac disease, and Hashimoto’s, eliminating gluten is a must. Store bought gluten-free breads were getting too expensive, so I played around with something I could make quickly at home without a bread machine, that my family would still enjoy as sandwich bread. This bread is not only grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free and processed sugar-free, it is super easy to make and tastes delicious!! It’s great for the kids’ lunches, toasted, or warm fresh out of the oven.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or milk alternative of choice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups almond flour
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Mix egg, milk, oil, and honey in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour into a parchment lined loaf pan (I have used a well greased loaf pan, but I did have a harder time getting the bread out).
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Insert toothpick into center and make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!*