- 7 Hebrew National All Beef Hot Dogs
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 7 Tbls all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbls honey
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat oil to 375 degrees. Oil should be 2-3 inches deep.
- Cut hot dogs into thirds. Stick a small wooden stick in each hot dog.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine milk, egg and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Pat hot dogs dry with a paper towel.
- Dip each hot dog in batter and gently lay in the hot oil. I did mine in batches of 4-5 hot dogs at a time.
- Fry for about 3 minutes each until golden brown. Serve warm.