Healthy Beverage Recipes for Refreshing Refreshment
It’s summertime, and there’s nothing better than enjoying a refreshing beverage while taking in the sunshine and warmth. But sometimes, it’s hard to find a thirst-quenching drink that’s actually healthy. Never fear – here are some delicious healthy beverage recipes that will provide a satisfying, healthy refreshment!
1. Rehydrate with Refreshing Recipes: Healthy Beverage Ideas
When the heat is on and your body is asking for fluids, it’s natural to reach for the usual suspects. But why not try something a little more creative that provides the same thirst-quenching relief? Here are our favorite refreshing beverage recipes to keep your mouth and body hydrated, without relying on the regular shelf-dwellers:
- Sparkling Fruit Punch: Freeze cubes of fresh fruit, such as mango, pineapple, raspberries, and blueberries. Make a pitcher of seltzer or club soda, add a tablespoon of honey or your favorite sweetener, then add in the fruit cubes and stir. The result is a refreshingly light and fizzy beverage loaded with fruit flavor and nutrients.
- Fruity Green Tea: Boil water, pour into a glass and add a teabag. Let steep for several minutes and then add freshly cut fruit slices (like pineapple, orange, or lime) to the brew. Let sit for a few more minutes and then replace with cold water to give a light tea flavor with a fruity twist.
- Basil Infused Water: Bring to a boil one cup of purified water and add several fresh basil leaves. Let the herbs steep for 5 minutes, then stir in a teaspoon of sugar or honey. Let cool, strain the basil out and store in a glass jug for sipping all day.
No matter what your taste preference is, these hydrating drink recipes will tickle your taste buds while keeping you cool! Don’t forget that you should drink at least 8 cups of water a day – or you can switch it up with one of these creative creations.
2. Inventive Sips to Help You Recharge and Revitalize
Sometimes after a long day, all you want to do is kick your feet up and relax with an invigorating drink. Everyone is different, so finding the drink that’s perfect for you can take time. Here are some creative sips that might just be the perfect remedy to help you recharge and revitalize.
Fireside Elixir – Perfect for the chilly nights! Warm up with a mug of this hot drink. Combine one part apple juice with one part whiskey, a splash of lemon juice, a teaspoon of honey, and a cinnamon stick for a delicious and relaxing drink.
Ginger Citrus Refresher – Need a boost to your energy? Quickly make this energizing drink by adding freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and lemon juice to hot water with a few pieces of ginger and a tablespoon of honey. Enjoy the perfect balance of sweet, tart and spicy!
3. Creative Combinations of Whole Foods for an Invigorating Beverage
Instead of spending money on expensive processed beverages, refresh and energize yourself with fresh and flavorful combinations of whole foods. Whether you’re grabbing a quick pick-me-up in between classes or a friend’s night out, here’s a list of delicious and inventive combos for an invigorating beverage.
- A Spinach-Lemon Smoothie: This one’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Blend a cup of coconut water, one cup of spinach leaves, ½ of a banana, ¼ cup of raw cashews, the juice of one lemon, and ½ teaspoon of honey until smooth. Enjoy your tasty green beverage with a kick of lemon.
- A Fiery Tomato Mix: Feast on this spicy thirst quencher for a blast of flavor. Start with an 8-ounce glass of tomato juice and blend in ¼ of a jalapeño, one teaspoon of cilantro, ¼ teaspoon of garlic, and one teaspoon of lime juice. Add some heat with a pinch of chili powder and a sprinkle of diced onion.
- A Refreshing Watermelon Juice: Nothing beats a taste of cool watermelon. Blend one cup of diced watermelon, two tablespoons of lemon juice, a pinch of black pepper, and two tablespoons of water in a blender. Garnish with cucumber sliced and a sprig of basil for a nicely presented drink.
So next time you crave something zingy and invigorating, whip up one of these combinations of natural ingredients for a healthy and tasty beverage. Enjoy!
4. Refreshing Drinks to Keep You Feeling Cool and Energized
When the temperatures soar and the sun is scorching, your energy levels may dip and you need a cooling drink or two. Here are some refreshing drinks that will keep you cool and energized all summer long!
1. Iced Tea: Iced tea is not only cooling but also loaded with antioxidants. You can make it healthier with a splash of lemon juice or add freshly-cut fruits like oranges, apples and peaches. For extra sweetness, add some honey or sugar.
2. Coconut water: The ultimate thirst-quencher, coconut water is mild, light and packed with electrolytes. Simply add ice cubes and a few slices of lemon to make it even more thirst-quenching.
3. Smoothies: Nothing can beat the refreshing and energizing power of smoothies. Blend together your favorite fruits, some yogurt, a few nuts and honey to make a delicious and nutrient-rich smoothie.
4. Fruit-infused water: Make this healthy beverage by combining your favorite fruits, like strawberries, oranges and apples, with chilled water in a glass jar and your drink is ready!
5. Cool and Healthful Beverage Ideas to Invigorate Mind and Body
On hot summer days, cooling off with an ice-cold beverage is high on the list of priorities. But it's not just about refreshing yourself – a healthful beverage can be a great source of energy and nutrients too.
Check out these five cool and healthful beverage ideas that will keep your mind and body energised:
- A smoothie full of fresh fruit and yogurt – this combination is a delicious way to get vitamins and minerals, and a great choice for breakfast or snack time.
- Mint and lime water – thirst-quenching and full of flavour, this combination is perfect for after meal refreshment.
- Coconut water and lime – not only will you get the rehydrating benefits of coconut water but an extra hit of Vitamin C too.
- Green tea – if it's a natural and caffeine-free source of energy and antioxidants you're after, green tea is your best option.
- Ginger and lemon juice – a great way to get that morning boost of energy, this combination is also useful for soothing digestion.
These five cool and healthful beverage ideas will keep your brain and body energised all summer long. So, why not whizz them up and give them a try?
When it comes to hydration, why settle for boring water or sugary soda when you can have a delicious and healthy beverage? From classic teas to smoothies and juices to spritzers, these healthy beverage recipes for refreshing refreshment offer something for everyone – without sacrificing flavor! So go ahead: quench your thirst with something tantalizing and nutritious – your taste buds and body will thank you!