Healthy Lunch Recipes: Easy, Tasty Ideas
With the hustle and bustle of daily life, it’s sometimes hard to find the time or energy to make good, nutritious meals at home. But the truth is, it doesn’t have to be that hard or time-consuming to make delicious, healthy lunch recipes! From nutritious salads to quick and easy wraps and sandwiches, we’ve got some amazing, easy and tasty ideas for your next healthy lunch. Read on for some amazing recipes that’ll help you stay healthy and satisfy your taste buds!
1. Delicious and Nutritious: Easy Healthy Lunch Recipes
- Falafel wraps: A quick yet nutritious, vegan friendly lunch option, falafel wraps make the perfect meal in hurry. Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion and coriander to form a delicious falafel patty and wrap in a freshly toasted tortilla of your choice. Add a dollop of guacamole and tahini and lunch is in the bag!
- Greek yoghurt, berry and granola parfait: For a healthy sweet treat that keeps you feeling full until dinner, put together a yoghurt, berry and granola parfait. Start by layering Greek yoghurt, a mixture of seasonal berries and topping off with a sprinkle of your favourite granola. Refreshing and light, with a hint of something sweet – this parfait is sure to energise every step.
- Summer rolls: Summer rolls are simple to make, extremely healthy and make for a great on the go lunch option. Add fresh lettuce and carrot, tofu or tempeh for a protein kick, herbs to brighten up the flavours and finally, peanuts for some added crunch. Don’t forget to add either a sweet chilli sauce, or even a peanut satay, it’s sure to add a lot of flavour!
- Tuna salad: Nothing beats a classic, and tuna salad is a lunch staple. Simply mix together some protein rich tuna with a generous helping of crunchy lettuce and carrots. Add a sprinkle of pine nuts and some sprigs of dill to give an extra flavour boost. Enjoy with some lightly toasted wholemeal seeded bread and it’s a meal fit for a king!
2. Spice Up Your Lunch with Quick and Healthy Meal Ideas
If you’re looking for ideas to spice up your lunch routine, you’ve come to the right place! You don’t have to be a great cook or a master chef to make delicious and nutritious meals quickly. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite lunch recipes that are sure to tantalize your taste buds without taking up too much preparation time.
For the Carnivores:
- Grilled balsamic chicken sandwich with a spinach and cherry tomato salad
- Shredded beef wrap with black beans, lettuce and tomato
- Smoky, spicy tuna bowl with kale, spinach, and avocado
For the Vegans:
- Chickpea quinoa bowl with roasted veggies and a lemon vinaigrette
- Veggie sweet potato burger served with spinach, tomato and a cashew aioli
- Mexican-style tempeh taco bowl with avocado, corn, and black beans
In addition to being healthy and delicious, all of these recipes are easy to make and require minimal fuss. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you’ll be able to make a satisfying meal in no time. So don’t worry about getting stuck in a culinary rut—bring some new flavors to your lunch today!
3. Savory and Satisfying – Delicious Low-Calorie Lunches
A Healthy Lunch
A healthy lunch is the key to powering through the day without feeling weighed down and sluggish. Luckily, there are plenty of delicious, low-calorie lunch options available:
- Make your own wrap with lean meat and your favorite salad veggies
- Grilled salmon with a garden salad
- Turkey on whole wheat with tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado
- Tuna and beet salad on rye bread
These dishes won’t leave you feeling hungry, as each one is wholesome, healthy, and packed with nutrition, sure to keep you energized for the rest of the day, without packing on calories that won’t help your health goals. If you’re feeling ambitious, you could even make batch cooking a regular part of your week, so you can have a healthy, delicious lunch ready at your fingertips without ever having to spend time in the kitchen.
4. Brain Food for a Busy Day – Healthy and Tasty Recipes
We all know that a busy day often sacrifices on healthy and nutritious food. But eating healthy doesn’t have to be time consuming. Here are some tasty, brain-boosting recipes that will tick all the boxes for a busy day!
- Avocado Toast: Who doesn’t love the classic? Toast two slices of bread, spread mashed avocado with a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder over your toast. For an extra crunch, sprinkle a few sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
- Feta and Quinoa Salad: This protein-packed lunch takes no time to prepare. Cook one cup of quinoa, combine with some halved cherry tomatoes, diced red onion, feta cheese, and your favorite type of seeds. Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and season with your favorite herbs and spices.
A good plate of food doesn’t always have to take forever to prepare. With these easy recipes, you can provide your brain with plenty of energy and nutrients to keep you going throughout the day!
5. Ditch the Soggy Sandwich – Creative and Nutritious Recipes for Lunch
Lunchtime can be an exciting daily boost, or a dreaded experience of the same-old sandwiches. So why not ditch the soggy sammie to try something new and nutritious? Here are some easy, delicious recipes for you to try.
Quick and Easy Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil (olive, canola or other)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for 10 minutes. It is a great one-bowl meal, and is perfect for lunch. Serve chilled for a summery flavor.
Nourishing Lentil Soup
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 big carrot, diced
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 7 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
On medium heat, sauté the onion and the carrot. After 5 minutes, add the lentils. Then, add the garlic, tomato paste, cumin and oregano, and stir. Pour in 7 cups of water, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot for a hearty lunch. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for fresh, inventive lunch recipes that are easy to make and sure to satisfy your taste buds, then you shouldn’t miss out on the amazing lunch ideas listed in this article! By experimenting with different combinations of ingredients, you can create a delicious meals that will be both healthy and enjoyable. So put on your apron and get cooking today!