Mongolian Beef Dinner
This Mongolian beef dinner is full of flavor, and is a super quick and easy recipe that will have dinner on the table in no time.
- 2 teaspoons and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger , minced
- 4 cloves garlic , grated
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 lb top sirloin, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 2 green onions , sliced
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a small pan over medium low. Add the ginger and garlic and saute just until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the soy sauce, water and brown sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened but is still lose. Set asied
- Toss the thinly sliced top sirloin in the cornstarch. Gently shake off any excess.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium high heat, Cook the beef in small batches for about 2 min.
- Once all the beef has been cooked, combine it with the sauce and heat over medium until hot and bubbly. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.