The most amazing Fall morning breakfast! Perfectly sweet and spiced using thick slices of bread that just melt in your mouth!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf brioche or Challah bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt. Working one at a time, dip bread slices into the egg mixture, allowing to soak for at least 10 seconds.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add bread slices to the skillet, 1-2 at a time, and cook until evenly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining bread and butter.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, garnished with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.