Home remedies can be useful for speeding up the recovery from tonsillitis. This tonsilitis tonic contains lime juice, manuka honey and salt help to kill off infected cells while apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and ginger combat inflammation and provide pain relief when sipped slowly.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp manuka honey (or raw, organic honey)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Boil water and pour 250ml into a glass, put aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Once temperature is suitable for drinking add lime, apple cider vinegar and honey, stirring until honey dissolves. Add spices and salt and mix well.
- Sip slowly while drink is hot, breathing aromas in deeply. Repeat several times daily.