Spicy Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees F.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving 1/4-inch shell (use a small spoon for this). Reserve pulp from two zucchini and chop. Combine zucchini pulp, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil and 1/2 cup cheese in a medium bowl. Divide mixture among zucchini shells.
- Place stuffed zucchini in a 13 x 9 baking dish; cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil.