Taco seasoning is the perfect topping for this taco popcorn. It’s flavorful, healthy, and even has a bit of a kick!
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (homemade http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/homemade-taco-seasoning-recipe-taco-seasoning-mix/ or store-bought)
- 1 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- *optional: melted butter for drizzling or nutritional yeast
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat until melted. Add popcorn kernels, and give the pan a shake so that they level out. Cover with a lid and wait until kernels have popped. (**See tips below to prevent burning).
- Once the popcorn is popped, pour it out into a serving bowl. Immediately sprinkle with taco seasoning and salt, and toss to combine. Season to taste with additional seasoning or salt if desired.