Now you can skip the line at the coffee shop and enjoy Thai Iced Tea at home with this super-easy recipe that tastes like the authentic version of this beloved creamy and sweet Thai tea beverage!
- 8 cups of water
- 1.5 cups of thai tea mix
- 1.5 cup of palm sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (or half and half, coconut milk, whole milk)
- 3 star anise
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Bring water to a boil and add the Thai tea mix. Add the star anise and cinnamon stick. Add the palm sugar and gently stir to completely dissolve sugar.
- Gently boil tea for about 3 minutes and remove from heat. Spoon out the anise and cinnamon stick.
- Allow the tea to steep for at least 30 minutes and to cool it down. The more concentrated the tea flavor, the better the Thai tea tastes.
- Strain the Thai tea mix using a fine strainer lined with cheesecloth, Set finished Thai tea aside to cool or refrigerate to chill.
- Fill glass with ice and pour in chilled Thai tea mixture (¾ of the glass) leaving enough room to fill in your milk (or other creamers).
- For an 8 oz. glass, add about 4 tablespoons of evaporated milk (or half and half) for a creamier flavor.
- You can make this ahead of time and have the Thai tea mix chilling in the fridge.