The Best Damn Fettuccine Alfredo on Earth
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 pint whipping cream (heavy or regular)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 6 oz shredded fresh shredded parmesan or 3 cheese blend (romano, asagio, and parmesan)
- 2 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions
- In a large sauce pan on medium heat, add garlic and melt butter.
- Pour in whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add 1/2 shredded cheese and all the cream cheese into liquid and whisk consistently until the cheese is fully integrated.
- You'll know because your whisk won't have any cheese hanging off it.
- Add the other 1/2 of the shredded cheese and whisk consistently until the cheese is, again fully integrated.
- Turn heat down to low and let it sit for 10 mins to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.