The Best Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
Quick, easy and delicious, this is the best homemade hot cocoa mix you’ll ever try! It’s especially perfect for holiday gift giving!
- 3 c. dry milk powder (nonfat or whole)
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1½ c. special dark (or Dutch-process) cocoa powder*
- 1½ c. white chocolate chunks or chips**
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla powder***
- 1 c. mini dehydrated marshmallows (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Working in 2-3 batches, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the chocolate is finely ground. Add mini dehydrated marshmallows if desired, stir to combine. Store the cocoa mix in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- To prepare the hot cocoa, put ¼ cup to ⅓ cup of the mix in a large mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk or water.