One of the biggest challenges I had when I was converting my husband to the clean eating lifestyle was Alfredo sauce….His favorite pasta dish is Fettucini Alfredo , I knew whatever I made had to be dam close or he wouldn’t eat it! Early on I made it with cottage cheese and he actually loved it! So did my kiddos! I found a recipe floating around on the web of Alfredo with cauliflower, I was super excited to try it out! If you have been following me for a while now you know I love cauliflower anything!This amazing Alfredo sauce is creamy, rich, and full of flavor, yet it contains neither milk nor cream. How is that possible? Perfect for pasta, pizza, or anything else you might want to cover in white cauliflower creamy deliciousness.The Alfredo Sauce , I make it all the time. I use it in tons of recipes. I spoon-feed it to myself straight out of the blender ha ha I am serious!! So yummy! I also Suggest using spaghetti squash instead of regular pasta noodles, it is delicious both ways! I hope you try this recipe out and enjoy it , i know my family did!! **NOTE** The cauliflower sauce will make 4 cups and you only use 2 or so of it so freeze the rest and save for next time! Or you can make two of these dishes and freeze one! I am a busy sports mom so prep ahead meals make life wonderful and easy! If you are following the 21 Day Fix, this recipe makes a total of six servings and is counted as: 1 yellow, 1 green, .5 red and 1 blue. Are you ready to start your health and fitness journey? Want to join my next support and accountability group? Click Here to get started Cauliflower recipe is adapted from skinnyms.com Have questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Large head of cauliflower
- 10 cloves of roasted garlic (I roasted mine with a 1/2 tsp of olive oil at 400 degrees for 30 minutes)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic salt
- 1/2 Cup Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 -1 Cup water
- 3 Cups Whole grain pasta
- 3 Cups Fresh spinach
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning ( i make my own but you can use a packet)
- 1 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 Cups diced chicken ( i pulled from a rotisserie)
- 1 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
- For the Cauliflower sauce : Chop cauliflower into florets. In a large pot, boil water and add in cauliflower. Cook until tender and then drain the water. In a blender, add cauliflower, 1/2 cup of water, garlic, garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth. Add more water until you get your desired thickness. I added about 1 cup of water. Give it a little taste test and add in salt and pepper if needed, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Boil a pot of water and cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside. In a pot over medium heat, add spinach and cook until partially wilted.
- Add in pasta, chicken, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and chicken. Mix ingredients well. Add in 2 cups of cauliflower alfredo sauce and gently mix with the pasta.
- Take pasta mixture and add to a greased baking dish and cover with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the top with dried parsley. Bake pasta for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese starts to turn golden brown. Enjoy!