These fluffy, quick and easy dinner rolls will melt in your mouth, making them the only bread recipe you’ll need to complement any meal!
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together warm water, vegetable oil, yeast, and sugar. Let rest 15 minutes until foamy.
- Add in 2 cups flour, salt, and egg. Using a dough hook, mix until combined. Gradually add in the remaining flour, stirring between each addition until completely combined.
- Grease a cast iron skillet with butter.
- Shape dough into 12 balls. Place dough balls in the greased cast iron skillet. Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. The balls of dough should almost double in size.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush again with remaining melted butter.
- Serve warm with butter.