6-Ingredient Chinese Chicken
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup chicken | Calories: 190 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 255 mg | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 25 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger (about 1″ ginger root)
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce or chili paste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally and then into small cubes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- Whisk together the marinade. Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and toss well to coat evenly with marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Add canola oil to a sauté pan over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot and shimmering (but not smoking) add the chicken pieces. Cook the chicken for 3- 5 minutes until cooked through and the juices run clear. If the chicken pieces are larger, cook longer.
- Serve over brown rice, brown rice noodles, or quinoa. Garnish with chopped cilantro or chopped scallions, if desired.