These blueberry breakfast cookies are delicious and low enough in sugar that you don’t have to feel bad about eating them for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Beat the butter on high speed in a mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and beat until combined. Add the egg and beat for another 20 to 30 seconds, or until combined.
- Add the baking powder to the wet mixture and gradually add the flour (1/4 cup at a time) and beat on medium speed to combine.
- Once all the flour is added, the dough will be dry, so carefully stir the blueberries in. Some gentle kneading might be needed to combine all the blueberries.
- Form balls of dough (about two tablespoons) and roll and then gently press into discs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or store for up to 3 days.