- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 (3 sticks) cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Grease and flour a bundt pan very well, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth with no lumps. Pour sugar slowly into running mixer in a steady stream and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating very well after each addition, at least one minute per egg. This step is crucial for the best texture. Add vanilla. Incorporate flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and place into cold oven. Turn oven to 300 degrees and bake for 80-90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cake is done, release the edges with a butter knife. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- Butter Pound Cake will stay fresh for up to 4 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature