Caramel Crunch Snack Mix #GoNutsforNuts
- 15 ounces mini twist pretzels
- 2 cups Planters Winter Spiced Mixed Nuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. To make clean up easier, be sure the parchment goes up and over all sides of the dish.
- Place the pretzels and 2 cups Planters Winter Spiced Mixed nuts into the parchment lined baking dish and set aside while you make the caramel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 sticks butter, 2 cups packed dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup light corn syrup, and a pinch of salt. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring this mixture to a boil and continue stirring until it 250 degrees F or hard ball stage. This will take about 7-10 minutes but that can vary depending on so many things, so I recommend using a candy thermometer for best results. Once the caramel is up to temperature, remove from heat and pour over nut mixture. Gently toss to coat the nut mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring 1/2 way through. Remove from oven and spread out on parchment paper to cool. Enjoy!