I’ve always wanted to make Truvy’s “Cuppa Cuppa Cake” from Steel Magnolias. So last night I did. Yum! This definitely won’t win any awards for culinary innovation…but it’s a nice dose of warm comfort food. (Note that in the photo, I have doubled the recipe. Next time, I’ll just do a single batch.)
- 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 can Fruit Cocktail With Juice
- Softened Butter, For Pan
- Unsweetened Whipped Cream, For Serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8-inch square baking dish with butter.
- Stir together flour, sugar, and fruit cocktail with juice until just combined.
- Pour into buttered pan and bake until warm and bubbly.
- Serve warm with unsweetened whipped cream.