- 1 ½ cups milk (whole or lowfat)
- 2 heaping teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup ground dark chocolate (use fine, high quality chocolate that has 60% or more cocoa content)
- freshly ground nutmeg (or cinnamon, cardamom. or chocolate shavings)
- creme fraiche (or whipped cream)
- Heat milk to just simmering.
- Take it off the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder and ground chocolate. Continue whisking until the chocolate completely dissolves. This will take a few minutes. Put it back on the heat if necessary.