- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 russet potatoes cubed into 1/2 inch squares
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 package of sage breakfast sausage (we use Jimmy Dean's)
- 1/2 C. of shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat potatoes in olive oil and salt on a cookie sheet. Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. If you wish to streamline this step, you could buy already cooked hash browns instead.
- Cook the package of sage breakfast sausage in a skillet over medium high heat. Make sure to break it into bite size crumbles. Drain the fat by setting the sausage on a paper towel, and set aside.
- Scramble the 8 eggs with milk, 1/4 C. of the cheese and additional salt to taste. Set eggs aside.
- Assemble the scramble in a greased baking dish. Potatoes on the bottom followed by sausage, egg and then the rest of the cheese.
- Store covered in the fridge up to 4 days. Scoop out a serving and reheat in the microwave for about 45 seconds and you have an easy hot breakfast.