Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour, plus more for sprinkling
- 3 tablespoons modified tapioca starch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- In a medium bowl, mix together gluten free flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add coconut oil and cut in (or pour it in and stir if your coconut oil isn't solid) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Drizzle in the water and stir with a fork until mixture becomes too hard to stir. Use your hands to knead the dough until a cohesive ball has formed. Add extra gluten free flour if dough is too wet.
- Divide dough into 6. Roll each piece of dough into a ball.
- Start preheating a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Lightly flour your work surface, and roll each ball into a thin circle about 6-8 inches across. Keep unused dough covered with a tea towel until ready to use.
- Cook the tortillas for 20-30 seconds on each side until light golden brown in spots. Transfer to a plate and cover with a tea towel. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Tortillas will keep, refrigerated and sealed in an airtight bag, for up to 3 days. Microwave for 30 seconds under a damp tea towel to reheat or heat in a pan over medium heat for 10 seconds on each side.