King Cake Earthquake Cake
King Cake Earthquake Cake – perfect ending to your Mardi Gras party!! Yellow Cake with pecans and cream cheese. YUM! Cake mix, pecans, cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla. Top the cake with a quick glaze and colored sugar. A fun twist on King Cake! Great for dessert or breakfast! #cake #dessert #mardigras #kingcake
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 to 4 Tbsp milk
- yellow, purple and green sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle pecans in bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour over pecans.
- In large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer. Add in 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and continue to blend until smooth in consistency.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over cake batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely
- Whisk together 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar and 3 to 4 Tbsp milk.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake. Sprinkle with yellow, purple and green sugar.