Mama’s 7Up Pound Cake
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup 7UP soda, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tbsp 7UP soda
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees. Prepare a 10-cup Bundt pan with the nonstick method of your choice.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter for 2 minutes on high speed. Slowly add the sugar and salt. Cream together for an additional 7 minutes, until very pale yellow and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, combining well after each addition and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest speed and slowly add the flour in 2 batches. Be careful not to overhead. Pour in the 7UP and lemon extract. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix the batter just until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 75 to 85 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then inver onto a serving plate. Let cool to room temperature. Lightly cover the cake with foil or plastic wrap so it doesn't dry out.