Mashed Potato Casserole – great make-ahead side dish for the holidays! SO easy and tastes AMAZING!!! Instant mashed potatoes, hash browns, cream cheese, butter, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and french fried onions. Can make in advance and refrigerate or freeze for later. Great for a crowd! #thanksgiving #casserole #makeahead #freezermeal #christmas
- 2 (4-oz) packages butter & herb instant mashed potatoes
- 1 (32-oz) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 1 (2.8-oz) can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked mashed potatoes, butter, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in shredded hash browns. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Top casserole with French fried onions. Bake and additional 10 to 15 minutes.