Paula Deen’s Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 18¼-ounce package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 16 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 16-ounce box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cake mix, egg, and 8 TBL butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Press the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, 8 TBL butter and vanilla and beat together.
- Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.