Whether you’re in charge of bringing the stuffing or the dinner rolls to the holiday table, why not take advantage of this two-for-one deal? With sage sausage stuffed in a crescent roll, this pillowy tear-and-share is bursting with your favorite savory flavors of the season.
- 8 oz bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage, onion and celery over medium heat 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Add 1 teaspoon of the sage and 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; transfer to medium bowl. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter with remaining 1/4 teaspoon sage and 1/4 teaspoon thyme.
- Separate each can of dough into 8 triangles. On wide end of each triangle, spoon 1 generous tablespoonful of the sausage mixture. Roll up, starting at wide end, gently wrapping dough around sausage mixture and rolling to opposite point. Tuck ends underneath to enclose filling.
- Arrange the stuffed crescents in 4×4 rows, 1/4 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Brush top of each roll with butter mixture. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.