Simple Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Line a 6 quart slow cooker with a slow cooker liner or spray it with non-stick spray. Put apples in slow cooker and mix with lemon juice. Mix sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add sugar mixture to apples and toss until all the apples are coated. Drizzle with butter and cook for 2 hours on high or 3 hours on low.
- Serve immediately with ice cream or refrigerate and save for later in a tightly sealed container. This is great with whipped cream or on its own.